Pop Quiz From Professor Berkus

We’re taking a break from nursing our turkey hangover to share that our buddy (not really, but we did get to meet him once) Nate Berkus has a style quiz on his website (thanks for the tip Lauren!). And you know we love a time-wasting style quiz (here are a bunch of others that we’ve shared). I was especially encouraged by this one because not only was it being served up by a dude designer, there’s even a dude in the graphic. Bound to be a pretty gender neutral decorating quiz, right?

Wrong. Before I knew it I was :

• pretending to be a type of lipstick
    • weighing whether I’d splurge on stilettos or Mary Janes
    • selecting a favorite flower

So I just took some guesses. Oh, and for the record – I’d go coral, buy the loafers, and I’m down with daisies.

But as quickly as I had begun to question this quiz, I gained all faith back when I saw the results. Nate pinned me as “Vintage.” In five measly questions it somehow detected my love of garage sales and thrift stores along with my appreciation for an aged look. Color me impressed… and apparently a shade of coral.

Only more impressive were Sherry’s results. She was a combination of Vintage and Modern. Basically a bit of me with a love of clean lines thrown in. Sounds about right, eh?

So if you guys have a moment between family stuff and scarfing leftover turkey we’d love to know how you did. Is the quiz as spot on as it feels, or did we just get lucky?

Psst- Nobody paid or perk’d us for mentioning this, we just love sharing quizzes (like these others from days gone by).

Comments

1. Laurie says

I got American Classic which is slightly true on the clean lines, but guess what….I’m Canadian! Fooled you Nate Berkus!

I was vintage, too, John! maybe it’s a scorpio thing? is nobody working today? how on earth was I the 2nd commenter? ;) hope ya’ll had a fantastic thanksgiving! I was home yesterday and noticed my parents kitchen has the crazy-eye knobs! I lived there half my life and never noticed. can’t wait to see how the finished kitchen looks.

I took the quiz and it was half right. I was tagged as Modern and Global. I agree with the modern design personality and some of the global but I’m not into animal prints.

• Cristina says

Wow, I answered them differently from you and John (red lipstick, mary janes and orchids) and guess what I got…
      Vintage!

I’m apparently an American classic. This may be because I didn’t have the option of a neutral lip or chapstick, or cowboy boots or splurging on a trip to Alaska would be my ideal trip. Haha. I had to sort of guess. Actually…considering all those things above, I still think it would come out American Classic haha.

Loafers, flip flops? Come on Nate Berkus give me a cute pair of flats and I’m set!

I choose loafers the first time around, got vintage. Flip flops the second time around? Vintage.

Apparently I’m vintage. Though I do love a clean line thrown in every now and then.

Apparently, I’m bi-polar because I was global/modern. No “and”, no space between them – just tucked right up beside each other.

The funny thing is – this is the most accurate style quiz I’ve ever taken – I’m totally modern, (clean look clean line all the way) but those “few pieces” they’re talking about? Totally woven, textured, hand crafted and colourful against that soft white background.