Pop Quiz: Ethan Allen

It’s been a while since we’ve enjoyed a fun little online “Find Your Style” quiz (like these ones from Sproost, Ikea and Creative Youniverse) so I went on a Googling spree this week and found a similar quiz from Ethan Allen, which you can take right here.

Like others before it, it uses your photo selections to calculate your “style type” and then dish up some appropriate inspiration photos. The spin on this one is that it plays like a fast word association game, but instead of words it’s a “pick the picture that grabs you first” kind of thing. It took us each a whopping 45 seconds to complete. Nice.

I was told my style is “Loft,” which is energetic, fashion-driven and practical. One look in my closet can tell you how off that middle descriptor is. But I do agree with appreciating functionality and industrial materials. And by “exploring” my style more (don’t forget to keep clicking to get to photos of rooms they think you’ll like) I got six “style portfolios” that fall under the Loft category – like the feminine Marzipan (thumbs down for me) or the clean West Side portfolio (thumbs up). Overall, it was definitely fun and many of the images and descriptions they pinned as “my style” were spot on.

Sherry, on the other hand, got “Global” which initially felt totally off (just look at her bare passport)…

But the notes about tropical touches (she does love a botanical) along with wood tones and natural fibers seem a bit more in line (plus the little thumbnails shown on the bottom of the screen grab above really did appeal to Sherry, so that was super accurate). And actually the room portfolios were pretty darn close as well. The most interesting part to me? Her secondary style was “Loft.” I guess Ethan Allen thinks we’re a good match.

Here’s that link again to take Ethan Allen’s What’s Your Style quiz. And as usual, we’d love to hear about your results and how accurate or off-base they may be. Have fun!

Comments

Spooky- I got “Country House”- which is totally me. But Ethan Allen’s description of Country House is a little more high-brow than my reality.

ETHAN ALLEN:
    “Neoclassic, grand living – where breakfast in bed is a ritual, not a reward, and first impressions last forever”

Unfortunately, the first impression that would last forver is piles of laundry waiting to be folded and dog hair everywhere.

They don’t really have enough different styles. My style isn’t even represented! My style is eclectic but with a definite arts and crafts/mission element.

They put my style in as “glamour”. Pfft. Not even close! The only thing glamourous about me is my daughter!

3. Janis - Glasgow says

Who knew my verdict would be VILLA – thought I was loft as well but hey-ho.

The verdict is in—your style is Villa. Villa is romance reinvented. A high-end “decorator” look. Refined without fuss. Serene yet strong. Pedigreed while also modern. Inspired by French and Scandinavian design. A mingling of carved woods. handcrafted artisanship, and the dressmaker detail.

This online portfolio shows your style. Brought to life in rooms. A subtle mix of furniture, accessories, and attitude. Different “looks.” Because every home should be unique. Come see.

4. Christin says

My hubby and I both got “estate” which sounds fine and we’ve already been discovering that we have very similar tastes in how we want our home to look. But the sample rooms Ethan Allen suggests are no where near what I like! I like pieces here and there like a chair or pillow or lighting – but over all the rooms seems very high brow and not me, or my hubby, at all.

5. Kari says

My style is metro. Totally accurate. Modern, minimal, put together, clean. I can’t stand an unfinished or cluttered space!

But the reality is I’m totally unorganized and still working on remodeling the rooms in my home…*sigh*

I’ll get where I want to be–I hope!

6. Laurie says

I ended up with VILLA as well. I think it is fine, although I find the summary sentence, ‘A high-end “decorator” look.’ a teensy bit insulting.
    I’m curious to hear what the summary for “Estate” would be.

7. Melissa says

I got Metro…

The verdict is in—your style is Metro. Metro is a great modern space. Chic, comfortable, clean. Do the math. Strong horizontals plus graphic clarity plus a fearless blending of metal, woods, leathers, and wovens; minus the superfluous and the clichéd; equals urban architecture domesticated, a vision for living.

Not too bad and a great distraction from work

I got villa but I feel like my “style” changes seasonally so I bet if I took that quiz in summer I’d be something else. Fun stuff though, thanks!

9. Rosi T says

I got “Glamour” which suits me perfectly! And they say Loft is my second style, which is true also for the bedrooms anyway. I liked that quiz, it was nifty.

10. Amy says

I got metro:

A great modern space. Chic, comfortable, clean. Do the math. Strong horizontals plus graphic clarity plus a fearless blending of metal, woods, leathers, and wovens; minus the superfluous and the clichéd; equals urban architecture domesticated, a vision for living.

Seems pretty dead-on to me. I loved the “groove” portfolio.