Burning Question: Thanky-Panky

Sherry and I have so much to be grateful for. From being blessed with our home, our health, our marriage and our wonderful growing family to sharing it all with enthusiastic and supportive readers like you –  we really couldn’t ask for more. And beyond those “traditional” things, we’re thankful for the little things too. Like DVR and Amy’s Pizza and Tina Fey to name a few…

And we’d love to know what you guys are thankful for this year. From the usual big time stuff (life, love, laughter) to the quirky mundane things that have the power to make your day (new shoes, Lady GaGa or a leopard print Snuggie) tell us all about it.

This post was created as part of a global groundswell of gratitude called TweetsGiving. Created by US nonprofit Epic Change it’s an experiment that seeks to change the world through the power of gratitude. Visit their TweetsGiving site to learn more.

Psst- Is anyone surprised to hear that Burger is at the top of our so-thankful-for list? In fact, check out this funny video of our favorite pooch getting interviewed about Sherry’s bun in the oven over on Hamburger’s House.

1. Meg Lyttle says

Ok, I’ll be the first to post!

I’m most grateful for..well..a lot of things! I think it’s impossible to pick just one. My husband, my family, friends and pets of course!
    I’m also grateful for our house and cars and the things that get us by in life in general.

Most of all, I think I’m grateful to just be here. :)

I am grateful for my family!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Full of family, friends, and fun!

Paula Grace

P.S. I wanted to let you know about a wonderful giveaway I am having on Monday (preview today) ~ beautiful art galss holiday ornaments. I hope you join in the fun!

3. Erin says

Besides my husband, family and the roof over our heads…

We are 9 weeks prego today so…I get to eat like a pregnant woman this year!

4. Meggan says

I am most thankful for my husband, 3 year old son and family, followed closely by my health, necessary material posessions that make life easy, great girlfriends and my career, which has been good to me.

But now for the good stuff: laptop, my SUV (necessary with a baby and a bad back!), my Copco coffee cup, COFFEE, photo sharing websites like Kodak and shutterfly, the 2 or 3 blogs I read daily (YHL included of course), my chocolate brown GAP oversized cardigan, my iPod, DVR and the Office re-runs on TBS.

I think I speak for us all when I say I’m thankful for YOU!

5. Shan says

I am also thankful for Liz Lemon and her cupcake pajamas. I am mostly greatful for my wonderful husband, our puppy Roxy, a roof over our heads, and our health.

6. Cathryn says

I am thankful for:
    My husband and they way I feel when he looks at me, puppies, citizenship in a country where I can write and speak my mind at any time and place, the thousands of government employees that protect those rights for all of us, contagious laughter, great old movies, a fantastic public library just 5 minutes from my front door, friendly and fun blogs, having taken advantage of all my chances (so far) for world travel, Facebook – for helping me find old friends, melted Nutella over vanilla ice cream, a warm safe home with food to eat, health insurance, lipstick and eye shadow, lazy Sundays, snow, Autumn leaves, Spring flowers, sunscreen, Christmas stockings, birthday cards, my job, a good cup of tea on a rainy day, free museums, public parks, my education, good friends, shared confidences, being able to cook well, creative inspiration, classical music and all the places it has taken me, a husband that likes to hold hands, etc….

7. Allison says

After living in a 750 sq foot apt in DC for five yrs and now moving back to the midwest and moving into our first home this week I am grateful for a lot! I’m grateful for space (obviously!), a garage, caring groceries directly from our car to the kitchen, not tripping over my husband in the smallest apt. bathroom ever built, being close to our family and friends again and finally putting down some roots.

I’m thankful for:

1. Spandex jeans that fit my middle aged butt
    2. Unlimited texting plans
    3. Teenaged children who still think I’m smart and like to cuddle during movies
    4. Friends who have been there for decades
    5. My dog’s unconditional adoration
    6. 21 years of waking up to my very best friend’s smile

I am thankful for my health, even if it needs some improving.

I am thankful for my husband and our dog Emma, they love me not matter what and remind me of it daily.

I am thankful to have meet such inspirational and entertaining people on this interwebby thing…so many of you have changed my life in one small way or another.

I am thankful that we made the decision to start trying ot have a baby…hopefully next year I will be thankful for said baby!

10. TG says

I am most thankful for my family, I have a job, we have a roof over our heads and food to eat. Mostly God who has been with me every step of the way.

11. Ann says

I am thankful everyone in our family is healthy and for great doctors. One of our children had an illness that lasted a year and is now healthy.

I am grateful for the Internet and a car to drive in the winter, and a roof over my head.

12. Lisa in Seattle says

I am thankful to be on the road to recovery from a severe medical emergency and for all the wonderful doctors and nurses. For my beloved husband – married this year after 17 years together. For the opportunity to buy this house, however much I may mock it. For friends old and new, near and far, “real” and “virtual.” For beauty in unexpected places and the unconditional love of companion animals. Wishing all of you a good Thanksgiving, whatever your circumstances: where there is life, there is hope.

13. julie says

I am thankful for:

choosing the best husband 17 yrs ago
    my 2 boys who still like to cook with me in the kitchen
    my sister who always ‘gets’ me
    my triathlon friends who keep me fit, sane and happy

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!