Pop Quiz: I’m The Country One Now

You guys may have already caught wind of the Sproost quiz over at Odi et Amo or Bower Power, but who are we not to jump on a quiz bandwagon? The Sproost quiz is another thirty second questionnaire that promises to pinpoint your personal home design style (kinda like last week’s Ikea quiz) based on your rankings of differently designed rooms. It uses a simple “Love It” to “Hate It” scale and calculates your top home design styles based on your picks. Here are my results:

johnsfirstsproostresults

Last week Sherry was the one who registered high on the country (or as she argues, cottage) scale. But as you can see, this week I’m taking that cake with my three country/cottage-influenced styles. I was very skeptical of my analysis until I read the description of my top ranking Rustic Revival style: “You…love a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic/vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind.” I can live with that diagnosis. It’s pretty accurate, actually. But what about Sherry’s…

sherrysfirstsproostresults

Her highest ranked style was still in the country slash cottage zone, but it was offset by a much beachier Nantucket Style and a more contemporary Vintage Modern. Like me, Sherry thinks her top-ranking description is pretty spot on, the Nantucket one is fairly close (minus the part about light wood and wicker) and the Vintage Modern has some hints of accuracy in there (loves flea markets and clean lines).

In comparing notes, Sherry and I realized that we each got different photos to choose from during the quiz. So we each took it a second time, got totally different rooms to choose from, and ended up with very different results. Nantucket Style and Arts & Crafts crept into my diagnosis and Sherry suddenly had only two top styles – Rustic Revival and Cottage Chic. Interesting…

secondresultsfromsproost

Click here to take the Sproost quiz for yourself. It’s definitely worth going through it more than once if you have the time. If nothing else you’ll get an extra dose of eye candy and find a few more inspiration rooms that you can copy to your desktop before clicking through to the next image. And as always, we’d love to hear what shows up in your results, if you think they’re accurate and if they change each time you play. Happy clicking everyone…

Comments

The first time, it said I’m “classic”, which is interesting, since I wouldn’t ever have used that adjective to describe my style. The second time, it said I’m “french eclectic”. I wish they had a gallery of the rooms used–some of them would be great inspiration pictures.

• YoungHouseLove says

Hey Meredith,

Yeah we loved some of the images so much that we took the time to take a screen grab for our inspiration forlder before clicking on to the next pic. The funny thing is I’ve totally seen the white couch with the yellow pillows (shown in my first quiz results) somewhere else because it was already in my inspiration folder! Unfortunately I don’t remember where so I can’t figure out the connection to the quiz. Anyone recognize the pictures from a particular magazine or publication?!

Sherry

How interesting. I got 100% french eclectic. I didn’t really agree at first but after reading the dedescriptiong
    “You like your spaces to feel inviting from the moment you (or your guest) opens the front door and this feeling should continue even after you’ve entered your most formal room.”

“Your love of antiques leads you to flea markets, garage sales and hours of eBay hunting.”

It’s totally true, I don’t see any french influence in my house but maybe I just haven’t been able to afford it yet. Cool link, thanks!

I was 31% Modern Elegance, 31% Vintage Modern and 38% Hollywood Couture — I’m not sure I’m more Hollywood than I am, say, vintage (I’m not THAT into mirrors and crystal)…but the mix of those three seems about right.

Oh and Sherry — when I saved the pictures, I noticed that the titles they used tell you where they got them (domino, Southern Living, etc.).

4. Christa says

I’m 50% Rustic Revival (right on – “The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic/vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind.”) 29% Vintage Modern (also very true – “Flea Market, anyone? You know you are drawn to modern furniture and interiors, and yet you don’t like a space that feels cold and sterile.”) and 21% Mountain Lodge Style, which is the only one I questioned though I do like natural elements and leather, so I guess they’re right there, too. Great quiz!

Sherry, one of the pictures in my quiz was right out of the pages from Cottage Living, but I only recognized the one so I’m not sure where the others were pulled from.

5. Laurie says

I’m all french eclectic too, I was not expecting that. I thought for sure classic or hollywood would have come up and I was getting nervous but ‘invitingly formal’ is right on.

I would die if I had any country in mine! [Just being honest!] My results: 54% Contemporary, 38% Vintage Modern, 8% Hollywood Couture. Sounds about right!

“So fresh and clean! Antiques? No thanks! Vintage collections and clutter of any type? Not for you! You like your space new and sleek. Each piece is chosen carefully as though it were a piece of art, and your love of minimalism is expressed throughout each room. Furniture has clean lines and geometric shapes are preferred.

You’re not afraid of color — in fact, bold color options only highlight the minimal items you choose for your home. But the key is clean. To master the minimalist interior you not only have to be selective in the few furniture items you bring into the space, you must also find a way to hide all of the real-life items as well.”

I have taken it five times already, and gotten a different result each time! I think it matters what image you start with and how you repond to it. That seems to (in part) determine which images you are asked to rate. Each time I have taken it, there were some new rooms. I wish they just asked you to rate ALL of the available rooms and then determined it from there. And I agree that they should have a gallery of all of them as well.

8. CWB says

i thought this was better than the IKEA one because it allowed much more diversity of style. i am:

Your personal style is a mix of 3 specific styles:
    33% Hollywood Couture
    33% Contemporary
    34% Vintage Modern

which sounds about right to me, as i like all of those styles but am quite picky about specific pieces.

Modern Elegance with a touch of Cottage Chic and Classic for me, which is spot on. Seriously, if I could go out right now and buy all the furniture used in the modern elegance photo, I would.